What are the costs of investing
Investment costs money. The Aegon pension investors manage your investments. Aegon has a large invested capital. It allows you to benefit from economies of scale while the costs for individual participants remain low.
The costs of investment comprise:
- costs charged by the asset manager. These are the Management fee and the Service fee;
- costs charged by Aegon PPI. These are the Aegon ALM fee, Aegon Service fee and the costs of purchase and sale.
Below is a breakdown of each of these types of costs. We also indicate how we calculate these costs.
Costs asset manager
The fee charged by the asset manager for management. The management fee is a percentage of the invested value. This is balanced in the exchange rate of the fund. The amount of the investment fee varies per fund.
This is the fee charged by the asset manager for:
- expenses incurred for the financial regulators;
- costs of safekeeping, accountant's costs and audit costs;
- costs of (legal) advice;
- formation expenses;
- administrative costs;
- marketing and communication costs.
The Service fee is represented as a percentage of the invested value. This is settled in the exchange rate of the fund.
Costs Aegon PPI
Aegon ALM fee
The fee Aegon charges for operational implementation of the Life Cycles. The Aegon ALM fee is a percentage of the investment capital. These costs are settled from the value of the investment fund.
Aegon Service costs
The fee Aegon charges for communication and administration of the funds. Communication includes newsletters and alerts. The Aegon Service fee is a percentage of the investment capital. These costs are settled from the value of the investment fund.
Purchase and selling costs
Aegon charges costs for the purchase and sale of investments. The purchase costs are settled from the defined contribution of a (an extra) deposit. The costs of sale are settled from the investments. The amount of the purchase and sale costs varies per fund. These costs are subject to change on an annual basis, or more frequently if special circumstances dictate it.
- Choose your investment choice
- What are investments?
- Life Cycle investments
- Free investment
- Guaranteed pension
- How do I make my investment choice?
- What are the costs of investing
- Yields and fund information
- Sustainable and responsible investment